Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Season of Life

Have you ever felt like you just don't feel like you really belong or quite fit it anyplace?
I have been going through this for a while now, I am not quite sure why, but I am... I
have a wonderful husband who loves me so very much and I could never want or need more from him. His is truly a blessing and a gift from God in my life... I have four children now all married and doing alright. I have grandchildren that I adore, and yet there is this hole in my heart that is huge and lonely and quite dark at times. I have been pondering this with my husband and a dear friend and of course the Lord. I have come to the conclusion that God is wanting me to be utilized by Him in maybe some new ways. I only wished I knew what that was. Reflecting back on our (Dave and Me), prophetic word 9 years ago now, I believe that we are going to moving on into a new area of life in ministry as well. I am trusting for that as I feel as though we have much to offer our local church... We have come into the area of our life as our word spoke of in saying that we are going to become more available with our time and that is the case for both of us. Of course, anyone who knows Dave knows he is able to stay busy, but I am talking about being busy with Kingdom purposes know. We both have a heart for our local church and love our church and leaders quite a bit.
So if would lift us up in prayer as we continue to seek this new season in our lives we would greatly appreciate it. I trust God will show us in His time what we wanting to see unfold for us as a husband and wife and individually as well...God is good and we want to know that our lives here have been for His purposes and that He is well pleased with us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinkin' about you mom!!
Love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

I appreciated reading your heart in this. You are a great example of not just finding ways to busy now that you are in a new season, but rather of wanting to invest your time in the Kingdom. It would be easy enough to just find a job, but you are choosing the noble task of pouring into others. Thanks!

Linda said...

Excellent post. It does show us your heart. Yes, I too, have found myself where you are. We have been taking a discipleship class at church and it raises the same questions. Wm. has been working at the church, first on the new additon and last week in the prayer garden a lot of Saturdays when he is not at IMS. I felt like I was used at CFC, not so much here. I fear a lot of that is my fault.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Connie, I often feel like the odd person out but you know what I have learned? I have a warm spot snuggled right up next to the heart of Jesus. Whenever I expect something from humans and am inevitably disappointed because of our innate weaknesses, a slight turn of my head and there stands my Savior!!!!
But God, God, oh, He loves me (and you),unconditionally and accepts us, idiosyncrasies and all, and only wants to bless us so we can bless others. It seems that you are doing that.
He has given you (and me) a purpose and will reveal it when we are ready to live it HIS way FULLY.
You are so blessed to have a loving family that accepts and encourages you. Many would desire that in their lives!
Not only has your heart been revealed to us...but to God as well...and He hears that cry from your depths!
Be encouraged that God's timing is perfect and purposeful!
Michele